Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recent Kevin keegan comments 09:40 - Oct 7 with 3097 viewssouthbrookstreet

I feel that Keegan has a excellent point when he mentioned he didn't like female pundits discussing the men's game... in my opinion it don't sound quite right I hear Football focus viewing figures are down is it because there is a female pundit? also there is one squeaky voice female football commentator when she is commentating I always turn the sound down.... what do other loft for words members think of Kevin Keegan comments
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 09:47 - Oct 7 with 2544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'll go further than Keegan- I don't think women should be allowed to have children.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 2533 viewsHAYESBOY

Its his preference, no problem.
Personally I am fine with it. Never really thought about it before.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 09:57 - Oct 7 with 2492 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'd rather listen to Alex Scott over Jamie Carragher every time. I stopped watching Sky Sports Saturday when their live reporting turning into the braying donkey show, each trying to outshout the other.
I could happily live the rest of my life without hearing another pundit. It's 99% verbal diarrhea IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 10:02 - Oct 7 with 2469 viewsnumptydumpty

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 09:49 - Oct 7 by HAYESBOY

Its his preference, no problem.
Personally I am fine with it. Never really thought about it before.

Well I have got used to it and the majority of female pundits posses excellent analytical skills, that some of the more inane male commentators such as Micah Richards are just full of cliches with zero substance.

On another note in a similar vein, as QPR are supposedly a progressive club with respects to minority groups inclusivity, anyone take SARINA WIEGMAN as head coach / manager currently. It won't happen but I would be willing to experiment.

These things will happen in the future no doubt.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 10:05]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 10:12 - Oct 7 with 2421 viewsted_hendrix

I haven't watched MOTD for years, Lineker and Shearer are torture.

I mostly watch the Sky highlights (goals from around the leagues) on a Sunday, I don't/won't have Sky TV.

99% of commentators talk crap, the other 1% talks crap, the only thing I did notice a Female Commentator literally screamed down the microphone when a bloke playing for Aston Villa scored a goal last week, gotta to admit I did say to meself 'Jesus wept get a grip'

I think keegan was talking specifically about the England Mens team?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 10:13 - Oct 7 with 2417 viewsRangersw12

His comments belong in the 1970's

I don't really have an issue if there are female pundits or commentators especially when we've had Merson, Keown , Owen etc for the last 10/15 years !!
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 10:39 - Oct 7 with 2338 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The question is simple: does the commentator/presenter have the knowledge, presence and voice.

After that it's down to preference at one end of the spectrum, discrimination at the other. I think Claire Balding is brilliant, Jacqui Oakley and Alex Scott annoying. Then again, I feel the same about many of their male counterparts.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 10:59 - Oct 7 with 2270 viewsstowmarketrange

Steve mcmanaman is the one voice that should never be on tv in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 11:09 - Oct 7 with 2233 viewsHooping_Mad

Always wanted to hear Sue Barker commentating Duncan Ferguson's latest 'foul' alas still waiting.

Always thought Keegan was a bit of a knob. There do seem to be more women in the studios of late but as I can't stand watching other teams currently due to their consistent ability to play the effing game, it's really not a major issue in my life.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 11:10]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 11:29 - Oct 7 with 2176 viewsDavieQPR

I never watch pundits reading questions off a monitor in front of them.
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 11:42 - Oct 7 with 2119 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It's been interesting that the men's Rugby World Cup has male pundits, all of whom have played (or coached) at the highest level of the game. Obviously, they can still be useless pundits, but at least they've experienced what they're talking about, which is surely the point.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 11:45]
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:15 - Oct 7 with 2020 viewsRangersDave

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 09:47 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll go further than Keegan- I don't think women should be allowed to have children.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:20 - Oct 7 with 2004 viewswortonr

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:15 - Oct 7 by RangersDave

Hey a moment for me! That’s Carla Mendonca with Harry there…until recently a neighbour of mine. I was very impressed when she told me she was in this sketch .
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 1996 viewsMedwayR

What's the point of football pundits, all the talk around football is about VAR decisions and FFP. Very little talk about football so why not have referees and accountants in the studio instead.

Poll: Who’s better?

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:25 - Oct 7 with 1991 viewswortonr

Really annoys me when quotes are taken out of context. Keegan’s speech was much less inflammatory than it’s been made to appear.
Surely we all can agree that it’s the quality of the contribution to inform and entertain that counts? Usually gender is irrelevant.
Lots of the contributions in football discussions on line are neither informative or entertaining ( excluding this site of course ). Except this afternoon from 3 of course.
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:27 - Oct 7 with 1983 viewsDorse

Not bothered about who's got the job: it's whether they are any good at it that interests me. In cricket, for example, TMS has male and female analysts, all of whom bring something to the mix. Sport is a broad church and I feel that football punditry has always lagged behind when it comes to reflecting that fact. For example, a world class player from, say, 30 years ago can only really comment on the detail of the modern game as a punter: the game has changed entirely from their time in the sport! We used to see that in the 90s with Atkinson, Doherty et al giving it the 'we'd never have done that in my day' shtick.

Maybe having a different, studied insight or granular view from the outside is needed to balance the old-boy, 'show-us-your-medals' voices we've had to date? Doesn't matter to me whether that voice comes attached to a female body: is the voice relevant?

Because we've had Robbie fcuking Savage do the job in the past. Just let that sink in. Give me an outsider with a brain any day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 1957 viewsPaddyhoops

While I don’t agree with Keegans comments. I get the impression the Terrestrial channels are trying a bit to hard to be inclusive.
I don’t care what colour or sex they are if they’re talking bollocks , they’re talking bollocks!.
They’re some superb contributors and some not so good.
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:35 - Oct 7 with 1942 viewsSuperhoops2808

Anything is preferable over those idiots Sherwood, or Merson

And the new presenter of Soccer Saturday on Sky is woeful. Do miss Jeff Stelling and Kammy
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:44 - Oct 7 with 1899 viewsGaryBannister86

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 12:35 - Oct 7 by Superhoops2808

Anything is preferable over those idiots Sherwood, or Merson

And the new presenter of Soccer Saturday on Sky is woeful. Do miss Jeff Stelling and Kammy

Simon Thomas was such a poor choice. Maybe they knew whoever was after Stelling had no chance and he was the sacrificial lamb. Feel sorry for Jules Warren, he does an excellent job midweek and always has done.

Mark Chapman would have been a great choice, but not sure he would have taken it as he does so much radio 5 stuff (and does it so well).
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:07 - Oct 7 with 1822 viewsBluce_Ree

After decades of Crooks and Lawrensen I'd be happy to hear any woman over those two.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:10 - Oct 7 with 1803 viewsHayesender

I read what he said, and what he said didn't match the sensationalist headline.

I'd rather cancel mainstream media, as they're the ones causing rifts between people

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:16 - Oct 7 with 1783 viewsstevec

Think Michelle Owen is very good.

Properly involved but allows the players most of the conversation and keeps it moving along nicely.

Actually forget her gender she’s that professional.
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:20 - Oct 7 with 1769 viewsqprxtc

Keegan is talking Le bollocks. No problem with women commentators. I have a problem with commentators talking hyperbolic bollocks.

I do remember we had a woman tannoy announcer in the mid nineties. She got replaced after a ton of complaints that it was embarrassing to have a woman announcer at our games.

Hopefully we’ve moved on from there?
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:30 - Oct 7 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

There are good female pundits/coms and bad female pundits/coms.
There are good male pundits/coms and bad male pundits/coms.

Anybody writing off all female pundits collectively should be force fed Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage hosting 606.
Recent Kevin keegan comments on 13:38 - Oct 7 with 1705 viewsSAPilgrim

Personally I think very few commentators are really good, and most would be better for saying less. The rate few presenters who genuinely inprove the experience (RIP Murray Walker) have generally been men, just because most commentators have generally been man. The female commentator on the red button for leeds was pretty good because she didn’t try and fill every moment, tho her pronunciation of Kakay kept making me itch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024