Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cook 21:20 - Aug 9 with 18872 viewsAddinall

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/09/steve-cook-completes-qpr-move/
Steve Cook on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 9488 viewscolinallcars

He'll be fine I reckon.
Steve Cook on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 9428 viewsHAYESBOY

Guessing he starts with Fox on Saturday. Good luck Steve.

If we don't lose anyone and can add a right back and a striker before the window closes, I am a little more optimistic.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Steve Cook on 21:27 - Aug 9 with 9413 viewspaulhoop2

Really have to wonder now les has gone the direction of travel we are going in. Veteran players being brought in inside and of younger talent can’t make it up that Said wish him all the best

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Steve Cook on 21:31 - Aug 9 with 9338 viewsaston_hoop

Now that he's in, I wonder if we'll be tempted to go 3 at the back with him in the middle and Kakay (eventually Dunne) and Fox (occasionally JCS) either side of him. Then Adomah (eventually new signing) and Paal as wing backs, Field and Colback supporting the attacking players. Might eventually make us a bit more solid. My god we need that solidity

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Steve Cook on 21:31 - Aug 9 with 9325 viewsHastings_Hoops

Absolute joke…

Wasn’t interested 2 years ago when Forest offered him more. Comes back two years later when we offer him a ridiculous contract (conjecture not fact I know)…

…this is everything that’s wrong with this joke of a club right now.

1) Loftus Road - the club continue to let it decay - if even a little was invested 15 years ago we would have seen a ROI by now.
2) New ground - the owners have demonstrated a remarkable aptitude in how to make enemies and alienate people (car giant / Linford Christie etc).
3) Employing a Director of football but reducing him to a puppet in the role.
4) Chancing upon a perfect fit for a manager (warbs) and then screwing that up.
5) Returning to its P&S / FFP folly like a dog to its vomit.

Absolute joke.

PS: this is not Wegerlies Staircase / Stainrod’s Elbow in disguise.
Steve Cook on 21:33 - Aug 9 with 9299 viewsPikey

Buys time for the youngsters and his experience will rub off. Good signing along with Colback.
Stay up reap benefits of new tv deal next year plus expensive year in accounts drops out of FFP.
All on all sensible stuff.
Steve Cook on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 9284 viewsslmrstid

Steve Cook on 21:31 - Aug 9 by Hastings_Hoops

Absolute joke…

Wasn’t interested 2 years ago when Forest offered him more. Comes back two years later when we offer him a ridiculous contract (conjecture not fact I know)…

…this is everything that’s wrong with this joke of a club right now.

1) Loftus Road - the club continue to let it decay - if even a little was invested 15 years ago we would have seen a ROI by now.
2) New ground - the owners have demonstrated a remarkable aptitude in how to make enemies and alienate people (car giant / Linford Christie etc).
3) Employing a Director of football but reducing him to a puppet in the role.
4) Chancing upon a perfect fit for a manager (warbs) and then screwing that up.
5) Returning to its P&S / FFP folly like a dog to its vomit.

Absolute joke.

PS: this is not Wegerlies Staircase / Stainrod’s Elbow in disguise.

I suppose on the plus side Clive can just refresh his "Cook Signs" article he probably wrote eighteen months ago.
Steve Cook on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 9245 viewsHAYESBOY

Steve Cook on 21:31 - Aug 9 by aston_hoop

Now that he's in, I wonder if we'll be tempted to go 3 at the back with him in the middle and Kakay (eventually Dunne) and Fox (occasionally JCS) either side of him. Then Adomah (eventually new signing) and Paal as wing backs, Field and Colback supporting the attacking players. Might eventually make us a bit more solid. My god we need that solidity

Could look like:

Begovic
Dunne Cook Fox/JCS

Adomah Paal
Field Colback
Willock Chair
Dykes

Or he goes one of Chair and Willock with Armstrong in a two up top??

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cook on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 9201 viewspaulparker

Steve Cook on 21:27 - Aug 9 by paulhoop2

Really have to wonder now les has gone the direction of travel we are going in. Veteran players being brought in inside and of younger talent can’t make it up that Said wish him all the best

We were hardly spending our money on up and coming players under Les
For what it’s worth I think this is a decent signing , Gareth needs a spine of a team so with begovic , cook, colback , we now have that I can’t see those 3 putting up with the attitude of some of our players , hopefully we can get a right back and a striker in and we can have at least a fighters chance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Steve Cook on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 9206 viewsRangersw12

Steve Cook on 21:35 - Aug 9 by HAYESBOY

Could look like:

Begovic
Dunne Cook Fox/JCS

Adomah Paal
Field Colback
Willock Chair
Dykes

Or he goes one of Chair and Willock with Armstrong in a two up top??

WLS saying Colback won't be ready until the Ipswich game
Steve Cook on 21:48 - Aug 9 with 9039 viewsLanhoop

Not too long ago folk looked down their noses at both Richard Dunne and Ryan Nelson. If Cook can contribute like they did then we’ll have done alright.
Steve Cook on 21:52 - Aug 9 with 8980 viewswombat

Steve Cook on 21:48 - Aug 9 by Lanhoop

Not too long ago folk looked down their noses at both Richard Dunne and Ryan Nelson. If Cook can contribute like they did then we’ll have done alright.

More than happy with this one , will help dunne when he’s back , might even manage to get glass salter out of the treatment room occasionally

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Steve Cook on 21:54 - Aug 9 with 8945 viewseghamranger

Steve Cook on 21:48 - Aug 9 by Lanhoop

I so agree.

Could be the next Clint Hill… 30 is no age these days
Steve Cook on 21:57 - Aug 9 with 8922 viewsRBlock

Like a lot of signings this summer, it's good for where we are but it's a joke that we've ended up here.
Steve Cook on 21:57 - Aug 9 with 8921 viewsqueensparker

If we’re going to get through this season we need a set of proven grizzled pros who are used to playing a full set of games. Good signing.

We desperately need a RB, CM and CF IMO as well. Can’t possibly see how we’ll get them but would be happy to sacrifice Willock to do so
Steve Cook on 21:58 - Aug 9 with 8902 viewsstevec

We are where we are, we need professionals with standards.
Steve Cook on 22:10 - Aug 9 with 8752 viewsted_hendrix

Chuffed to bits with this signing, a much needed defensive brick In the wall signing Is how I see It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Steve Cook on 22:19 - Aug 9 with 8636 viewsChrisNW6

Steve Cook on 21:27 - Aug 9 by paulhoop2

I was a supporter of Les as DOF and thought he had cracked it with Warbs and then Beale, but that business model and squad was so fragile. We need a couple of ugly seasons to start again.
Steve Cook on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 8562 viewsCateLeBonR

A hobsons choice maybe but welcome Steve
Steve Cook on 22:33 - Aug 9 with 8454 viewsToast_R

Players who share both names with two members of the same band.

Steve Cook
Robert Page
Steve Cook on 22:35 - Aug 9 with 8430 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Steve Cook on 21:36 - Aug 9 by Rangersw12

WLS saying Colback won't be ready until the Ipswich game

Home or away?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Steve Cook on 22:48 - Aug 9 with 8310 viewsPunteR

We are a better team with him in it then without him . Its a plus. So what if he's got a 2 year deal as long as he does a job. We've hardly got players coming through the ranks to replace him in a years time.
Its where we are atm isnt it ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steve Cook on 22:58 - Aug 9 with 8253 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60595
Steve Cook on 23:05 - Aug 9 with 8188 viewsOakR

I'm quite happy with this one, as with Colback.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Steve Cook on 23:41 - Aug 9 with 7972 viewsnumptydumpty

Steve Cook on 23:05 - Aug 9 by OakR

I'm quite happy with this one, as with Colback.

It's a decent signing for this year.

Problem though is we are having to give two year contracts to several older players to get them to come here.

And possibly in contracts their year two wage is set at a much higher rate than year one - so this will eat into next year's FFP figures as opposed to this seasons.

And there could be deterioration in form due to age as we saw with Adomah.

Simply delaying an issue.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024