Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shaw has exploded 14:07 - Jun 26 with 3051 viewsSandy_Lane

Couple of houses down. Blast felt quite far away. Doesn't look good for anyone that was at home at the time. Fingers crossed for a miracle.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article940648.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Gas+explosion+
Shaw has exploded on 15:27 - Jun 26 with 2939 viewsToffeemanc

Police have now confirmed a small child has died in the blast and they are still trying to reach a man trapped in the rubble who they can see but need to remove the debris before they can free him. Also one person not accounted for, hopefully they are out at work or somewhere.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Shaw has exploded on 16:31 - Jun 26 with 2844 viewsSuddenLad

Here also with more pictures. Be amazed if anyone was rescued alive from this:

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/news/s/1581963_live-child-killed-as-huge-

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Shaw has exploded on 17:32 - Jun 26 with 2743 viewsroccydaleian

Shaw has exploded on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 2671 viewsBanned4ever

Shaw has exploded on 17:32 - Jun 26 by roccydaleian

Awful scene very sad news a child was killed.
Shaw has exploded on 19:11 - Jun 26 with 2620 viewsShun

Harrowing scenes.
Shaw has exploded on 23:02 - Jun 26 with 2481 viewsmacro

Seems suspicious circumstances according to Sky
Shaw has exploded on 10:14 - Jun 27 with 2353 viewsToffeemanc

My Daughter goes to Crompton House school the place you may have seen on the news where the sports hall was used as a refuge centre yesterday, which is 1 mile from the site of the explosion. I dropped her off at school this morning and there was chaos at the school gate. It would appear that Oldham councils promise on the news yesterday evening of having everyone in temporary accomodation ie. hotels, B&B's etc by the end of last night didn't happen. At the gate this morning was the headteacher, caretaker team and police officers who were ensuring the children got onto the school site without hassle as I counted at least 6 reporters within 15 yards of the main entrance trying to speak to anyone heading towards the school who would speak to them. It would appear that some residents must have stayed overnight in the school sports hall and the reporters are waiting at the school gates in the hope of speaking to them and getting a story on the alledged suspicious circumstances.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Shaw has exploded on 20:04 - Jun 27 with 2169 viewsdalenumber2

Shaw has exploded on 10:14 - Jun 27 by Toffeemanc

My Daughter goes to Crompton House school the place you may have seen on the news where the sports hall was used as a refuge centre yesterday, which is 1 mile from the site of the explosion. I dropped her off at school this morning and there was chaos at the school gate. It would appear that Oldham councils promise on the news yesterday evening of having everyone in temporary accomodation ie. hotels, B&B's etc by the end of last night didn't happen. At the gate this morning was the headteacher, caretaker team and police officers who were ensuring the children got onto the school site without hassle as I counted at least 6 reporters within 15 yards of the main entrance trying to speak to anyone heading towards the school who would speak to them. It would appear that some residents must have stayed overnight in the school sports hall and the reporters are waiting at the school gates in the hope of speaking to them and getting a story on the alledged suspicious circumstances.

No-one slept in the school sports hall last night and I would hardly describe the scenes at the gates this morning as chaos. In fact it seems that the school's staff, the Red Cross officials, the community policeman and representatives from the council have been doing a good job in ensuring that both the school children and those seeking refuge got into school safely today. Those who took refuge in school yesterday must have either gone to stay with friends or relatives or been found accommodation by the council for the night.
Unfortunately the press are always buzzing around like flies on the proverbial. It's what they do.
It's good to see the community pulling together after such a tragic event.
Login to get fewer ads

Shaw has exploded on 10:18 - Jun 29 with 2075 viewsChaffRAFC

Fortunately, I've been away in Egypt on our honeymoon but heard all about this and started panicking as we live like 100 yards away from the blast. I use Buckley Street as a short cut to ASDA every other day. The whole thing is absolutely mental and seeing the flowers outside last night by the take away on the corner was heart breaking.

It looks like a warzone and is very very difficult to comprehend that this could have been done as an attempted murder.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Shaw has exploded on 12:17 - Jun 29 with 2023 viewsrochedale

Last I heard was that it could be down to previous boiler repairs, which could lead to the plumber being prosecuted.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Shaw has exploded on 15:14 - Jun 29 with 1958 viewsjustanillusion

Shaw has exploded on 12:17 - Jun 29 by rochedale

Last I heard was that it could be down to previous boiler repairs, which could lead to the plumber being prosecuted.

trouble is how do they prosecute the plumber for work done that doesn't meet gas safety requirements - surely any evidence has been obliterated in the blast?
Shaw has exploded on 15:38 - Jun 29 with 1943 viewsrochedale

Shaw has exploded on 15:14 - Jun 29 by justanillusion

trouble is how do they prosecute the plumber for work done that doesn't meet gas safety requirements - surely any evidence has been obliterated in the blast?

That would be down to the crime scene investigators.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024