Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem Fans In Swansea 12:55 - Jun 2 with 8644 viewsAl_Bundy

Many years back the area had a load of fans from the top 7 sides in the premier pretty much everyone had a top flight side.

With us now being in the prem ourselves for the 6th season has this demographic changed much with football supporters in Swansea? Do most now follow the Swans or are we still the minority club ?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 12:58 - Jun 2 with 4979 viewsChrisSCFC

Don't see many people going around in other team's shirts nowadays compared to before.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:03 - Jun 2 with 4954 viewsairedale

Someone I know used to be a L'pool season ticket holder, and if his mate with the car couldn't go, he used to get on the LFC bus in Llanelli.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:06 - Jun 2 with 4940 viewsCopperJack

There is definitely less of it, but I still see on social media people referring to Liverpool/United as 'we' which is pathetic. Also see those same people buying Liverpool/United kits for their kids - just as well I suppose, not like they have a Premier League team on their doorstep is it?

I'm fed up of the same excuses too, 'I've supported them since I was a kid'.

Why do you support Wales? - "Because that's where I'm from"

Exactly you moron.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:07 - Jun 2 with 4921 viewsJackfath

People supporting Ther clubs other than the one where they have some affinity are imbeciles.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:08 - Jun 2 with 4928 viewspencoedjack

Bridgend area far more Swans tops these days .....
Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:11 - Jun 2 with 4916 viewsjojaca

Prem Fans In Swansea on 12:58 - Jun 2 by ChrisSCFC

Don't see many people going around in other team's shirts nowadays compared to before.

I have seen massive increase in Llanelli wearing Swans gear, we have grabbed a generation of young fans and never see kids wearing Man Utd and Liverpool kits anymore. I love seeing the guilt on some of friends and work colleagues who still support the big clubs, always tell them you do realize we are welsh, I would have more respect for them if they supported Cardiff.

Even when you know, you never know?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:15 - Jun 2 with 4899 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Most of us had a favourite top division team when I was young. That didn't make us supporters of those teams in my view. We just followed their results from afar and never saw them play in the flesh. On Saturday we went to the Vetch to see the boys in white in the lower divisions and looked at the Sunday papers to see how Arsenal or Liverpool or Man U got on.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:59 - Jun 2 with 4818 viewsjack247

There was a survey a couple of years back, think it was Mail Online, we were one of very few cities/areas where more people supported their local club than Liverpool/Man United etc.

Newcastle and Sunderland were in there. I think Southampton and either Hull or Norwich, who weren't in the Prem at the time.

Edit

To clarify - it showed there were more Swans fans than any other individual team in Swansea. Not more Swans fans than all the plastics combined.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 14:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:04 - Jun 2 with 4804 viewsCopperJack

Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:08 - Jun 2 by pencoedjack

Bridgend area far more Swans tops these days .....

Can't be. According to Cardiff fans, everyone in Wales, besides Swansea (and even then, some in Swansea) support them, as the biggest club in Wales.

I know a few teachers in the Bridgend area and they told me that you see a lot of Swans fans up there these days amongst the younger generation.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:42 - Jun 2 with 4728 viewsOxOsp

Rather than having a big team, Swansea are my big team. I will watch them whenever they are in London, and get to the Liberty once or twice a season.

Wimbledon are my smaller team, and I get to most of their home games. As I mentioned on the Akinfenwa thread, even he knows my son and I as the JBs.

I think you can be a fan of one club, but have a soft spot for another. As long as they don't clash. As I married a Gooner, I am happy for them to win 36 league games per season too.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:48 - Jun 2 with 4707 viewspencoedjack

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:04 - Jun 2 by CopperJack

Can't be. According to Cardiff fans, everyone in Wales, besides Swansea (and even then, some in Swansea) support them, as the biggest club in Wales.

I know a few teachers in the Bridgend area and they told me that you see a lot of Swans fans up there these days amongst the younger generation.

I know fella amazing ain't it

Even taking my rather biased hat off I believe I see more Swans tops than C****f in & around Bridgend these days.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:48 - Jun 2 with 4707 viewsHighjack

I have seen a few middle aged men wearing Leicester shirts in the last few weeks

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 15:04 - Jun 2 with 4678 viewsjack247

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:48 - Jun 2 by Highjack

I have seen a few middle aged men wearing Leicester shirts in the last few weeks

In Swansea?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 15:08 - Jun 2 with 4668 viewsOxOsp

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:48 - Jun 2 by Highjack

Are you sure it wasn't Nathan Dyer?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 16:10 - Jun 2 with 4577 viewsHighjack

Prem Fans In Swansea on 15:04 - Jun 2 by jack247

In Swansea?

Yes and in neath

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 16:22 - Jun 2 with 4556 viewsDafyddHuw

To the OP -

do you not notice stuff when you're out and about?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 4514 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think you'll find that tune has changed quite considerably. Cardiff diehards have witnessed the reversal of this trend among the younger generations in places like the valleys, bridgend, port Talbot and even Cardiff itself to an extent.

If they had beaten Blackpool then the situation would probably been reversed. Just goes to show just how important going up first was. Mind you I doubt if they would have stayed there for more than one season even if they had been promoted in May 2010.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Prem Fans In Swansea on 17:30 - Jun 2 with 4439 viewsChrisSCFC

Prem Fans In Swansea on 16:10 - Jun 2 by Highjack

Yes and in neath

Prem Fans In Swansea on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 4430 viewsAl_Bundy

Prem Fans In Swansea on 16:22 - Jun 2 by DafyddHuw

To the OP -

do you not notice stuff when you're out and about?

I do...not many Swans top to be honest.

Especially in BH6
Prem Fans In Swansea on 17:42 - Jun 2 with 4404 viewsDafyddHuw

Prem Fans In Swansea on 17:33 - Jun 2 by Al_Bundy

I do...not many Swans top to be honest.

Especially in BH6

Ah, desolé monsieur. Thought you lived in the valleys.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 17:44 - Jun 2 with 4403 viewsjacabertawe

The only footie tops we saw in the Aberdare Park fun day last weekend were both kids and adults in Man U kit. Not many to be sure (about six), but no other team.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Prem Fans In Swansea on 02:01 - Jun 3 with 4200 viewsLoyal

Kids in Bridgend most certainly follow the jacks in huge numbers compared to the little club down the road. And everyone knows it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:42 - Jun 3 with 4112 viewsKilkennyjack

Apart from about 300 50 year olds in Cardiff, everybody in Wales backs the Swans as their prem team. Its done.
Its 'welsh giants swansea city' now in the english press. The team in red in huge debt up the road never get a mention - apart from bbc cardiff. Its over.
And dont even compare global reach - well apart from Malaysia obviously. ....haha ...

Perhaps its the sexy keep ball style and international stars that wear the shirt in glamorous fixtures on a weekly basis....? You have to laugh.

Beware of the Risen People

Prem Fans In Swansea on 08:54 - Jun 3 with 4047 viewsjacktar

I was in Tescos, Llanelli the other day and overheard two of the shop floor lads talking football. Refreshing I thought until I realised they were discussing last Man Utd game.
My mistake ............................. they were in disguise though, had their Tesco tops on.

Never mind ehh!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:22 - Jun 3 with 4006 viewsMrSwerve

Most Swans fans who grew up between the mid 80s and late 90s had a 'top club' that they followed, whether they like to admit it or not.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024