Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
billy davies 14:20 - Aug 27 with 10943 viewsCharlie1

horrible indiviudal

why is he not talking to the media?

2:59 baby!

billy davies on 13:40 - Sep 4 with 2867 viewsWeaverQPR

Don't tell me the pressure is getting to that horrible little toad already .

@WeavQPR

billy davies on 13:52 - Sep 4 with 2847 viewsNov77

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28055333

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

billy davies on 14:07 - Sep 4 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

billy davies on 20:00 - Aug 27 by TacticalR

Wasn't the thing with Davies that when he went up with Derby and said they needed to spend money, people couldn't decide if he was

a) a winging git trying to protect his own back
b) telling it like it was and sticking it to the man

When Davies arrived at Derby he set out a three year plan to win them promotion to the Premier League. He then, fairly miraculously, achieved it within nine months with a very mediocre team. He knew they'd gone too early as well, so he spent the entire summer making excuses in advance and trying to use the promotion to get him and David Kelly extended contracts.
billy davies on 14:14 - Sep 4 with 2803 viewsdaveB

I think he's a very good manager and he'll take Forest up this year
billy davies on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 2753 viewsAntti_Heinola

billy davies on 14:14 - Sep 4 by daveB

I think he's a very good manager and he'll take Forest up this year

he's not by any stretch of the imagination a 'very good manager'. He's an above average Championship manager who's never come close to doing it at a higher level. I'd say Owen Coyle was better than him, even.

Bare bones.

billy davies on 15:42 - Sep 4 with 2723 viewsElHoop

Tick tock tick tock.....
billy davies on 15:53 - Sep 4 with 2706 viewsdaveB

billy davies on 15:10 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

he's not by any stretch of the imagination a 'very good manager'. He's an above average Championship manager who's never come close to doing it at a higher level. I'd say Owen Coyle was better than him, even.

Something not right about Owen "Barclays Premier League" Coyle, one good year at Burnley and everyone thinks he's a genius. He looks a right prat in that shorts and jumper combo as well

Billy Davies is very good at this level, i think he's always made the playoffs when he had a full season.
billy davies on 15:58 - Sep 4 with 2694 viewsMonahoop

Good manager?? Pah!!

He's an annoyingly,annoying, annoyed, annoyance.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Login to get fewer ads

billy davies on 16:00 - Sep 4 with 2692 viewsToast_R

Remember that Prat celebrating like he'd won the Championship at LR cos they managed to scrape a point against QPR with one of the flukiest equalisers I've ever seen.

C*nt.
billy davies on 11:55 - Sep 15 with 2598 viewsJonDoeman

Curious case of being banned for going to a game

An unusual development reminds me of Brian Clough's occasionally fractious relationship with the newspaper industry, and one story in particular, about the time the Daily Mirror sent a photographer to Quarndon to take a picture of his house.

Clough was so incensed he ordered the Nottingham Forest club photographer to drive to Derby, where the reporter lived, and bring him back a picture. "I wonder how he and his family will feel when I put a copy in the local post-office window," he wrote in his next programme notes. "They'll soon find out." Clough being Clough, kept his promise.

The story comes to mind because strange news reaches us at the Observer that we have somehow got on the wrong side of Cloughie's old club. Indeed, an email arrived a few days ago stating that we, and the Guardian, are now banned from the City Ground press box, with no possibility of getting back in soon.

We are not alone either. A freelance reporter, with 40 years of covering the club, has been banned after asking the manager, Billy Davies, on the final day of last season, why he was holding the post-match press conference before kick-off. The local BBC radio station is out of favour (though still allowed in). The Nottingham Evening Post has been ostracised. A media blackout is effectively in place and it is odd, to say the least, that the club do not want good publicity when they have started the season so well. As PR goes, it all feels a bit petty and ridiculous.

The issue with this newspaper is best described as bizarre. In March I requested a press-box ticket for their home match against Wolverhampton Wanderers. It is what a football correspondent does: watch games, meet people, see the managers, get information. Last weekend, I was at Stockport. On Saturday it was Old Trafford. Next weekend, the Manchester derby on Sunday and, all being well, a free Saturday to go to a Championship match, off duty.

Forest say it broke their rules to sit in the press box and not write a match report. They won't explain why it has never been a problem before. Or why, seeing as it is common practice, we are not banned from 30 or 40 other clubs. The Guardian's sports editor sums it up. "In 18 years of working in sports journalism, I've never come across a case of a writer being banned for going to a game." That was an email to Ben White, the club's media manager.

So what's going on? That's a difficult one to answer. But there's no point pretending it doesn't grate a little. The suspicion among the Midlands press corps is that Jim Price, who is effectively Forest's chief executive, is picking off the journalists he suspects of having ties with the previous regime, which sacked Davies and which he openly dislikes.

Price, a Glaswegian in his mid-50s, joined the club in February, when Davies was appointed. Intriguingly, he and Davies are cousins. He also doubles up as the manager's agent-cum-adviser. Yet Price's background is not in sport. He was previously a partner in Glasgow law firm Ross Harper, only for his licence to be suspended when the company shut down 16 months ago, owing £2.6m to clients. The Law Society of Scotland is investigating possible financial irregularities and Football League rules stipulate Price would not pass their owners and directors' test while he is suspended. As it is, the league can do nothing because Price is not a director.

On Twitter, he complains that Forest should get more media coverage and referred to one female fan as "babe". It's not easy knowing what to make of it all. But I think we all know what Clough would have thought of him.

It Is What It Is !!

billy davies on 17:25 - Dec 4 with 2314 viewsJonDoeman

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies and photographer Dan Westwell, right. Photograph: Adam Holt/Action Images

"Billy Davies sent one of his staff out to tell me to stop taking pics of him. It nearly caused a riot with the Millwall fans … At full-time [he] came straight over to me and started screaming right in my face: 'Where are you from? Where are you from?' The stewards had to pull him away from me. The Millwall fans were going mad and the stewards moved me 'for my own safety' even though they were asking me what that was all about. The police asked me as well" — photographer Dan Westwell on the Nottingham Forest boss after last night's 2-2 draw at the New Den.

"I asked the photographer where he was from. I only asked him a question, 'can you tell me where you're from', because five minutes before that I asked one of my staff where he was from, and it was just an 'excuse me sir, can you tell me where you're from?' That was it" — Davies says there was "no incident".

It Is What It Is !!

billy davies on 17:39 - Dec 4 with 2284 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

billy davies on 17:25 - Dec 4 by JonDoeman

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies and photographer Dan Westwell, right. Photograph: Adam Holt/Action Images

"Billy Davies sent one of his staff out to tell me to stop taking pics of him. It nearly caused a riot with the Millwall fans … At full-time [he] came straight over to me and started screaming right in my face: 'Where are you from? Where are you from?' The stewards had to pull him away from me. The Millwall fans were going mad and the stewards moved me 'for my own safety' even though they were asking me what that was all about. The police asked me as well" — photographer Dan Westwell on the Nottingham Forest boss after last night's 2-2 draw at the New Den.

"I asked the photographer where he was from. I only asked him a question, 'can you tell me where you're from', because five minutes before that I asked one of my staff where he was from, and it was just an 'excuse me sir, can you tell me where you're from?' That was it" — Davies says there was "no incident".

He, his team and the entire county are khunts.
billy davies on 18:35 - Dec 4 with 2231 viewsCiderwithRsie

billy davies on 14:27 - Aug 27 by Northernr

Because Davies' MO is to set up an us vs everybody else siege mentality in his camp. They're all against us lads, the media, the board, the football league, the cleaning staff. All of them. It's just me and you boys in here. We'll fcking show em.

Creates arguments in empty rooms, entirely deliberately.

To be fair, if I was his cleaner I'd probably have it in for him.
billy davies on 20:23 - Dec 4 with 2152 viewsGetMeRangers

billy davies on 11:55 - Sep 15 by JonDoeman

Curious case of being banned for going to a game

An unusual development reminds me of Brian Clough's occasionally fractious relationship with the newspaper industry, and one story in particular, about the time the Daily Mirror sent a photographer to Quarndon to take a picture of his house.

Clough was so incensed he ordered the Nottingham Forest club photographer to drive to Derby, where the reporter lived, and bring him back a picture. "I wonder how he and his family will feel when I put a copy in the local post-office window," he wrote in his next programme notes. "They'll soon find out." Clough being Clough, kept his promise.

The story comes to mind because strange news reaches us at the Observer that we have somehow got on the wrong side of Cloughie's old club. Indeed, an email arrived a few days ago stating that we, and the Guardian, are now banned from the City Ground press box, with no possibility of getting back in soon.

We are not alone either. A freelance reporter, with 40 years of covering the club, has been banned after asking the manager, Billy Davies, on the final day of last season, why he was holding the post-match press conference before kick-off. The local BBC radio station is out of favour (though still allowed in). The Nottingham Evening Post has been ostracised. A media blackout is effectively in place and it is odd, to say the least, that the club do not want good publicity when they have started the season so well. As PR goes, it all feels a bit petty and ridiculous.

The issue with this newspaper is best described as bizarre. In March I requested a press-box ticket for their home match against Wolverhampton Wanderers. It is what a football correspondent does: watch games, meet people, see the managers, get information. Last weekend, I was at Stockport. On Saturday it was Old Trafford. Next weekend, the Manchester derby on Sunday and, all being well, a free Saturday to go to a Championship match, off duty.

Forest say it broke their rules to sit in the press box and not write a match report. They won't explain why it has never been a problem before. Or why, seeing as it is common practice, we are not banned from 30 or 40 other clubs. The Guardian's sports editor sums it up. "In 18 years of working in sports journalism, I've never come across a case of a writer being banned for going to a game." That was an email to Ben White, the club's media manager.

So what's going on? That's a difficult one to answer. But there's no point pretending it doesn't grate a little. The suspicion among the Midlands press corps is that Jim Price, who is effectively Forest's chief executive, is picking off the journalists he suspects of having ties with the previous regime, which sacked Davies and which he openly dislikes.

Price, a Glaswegian in his mid-50s, joined the club in February, when Davies was appointed. Intriguingly, he and Davies are cousins. He also doubles up as the manager's agent-cum-adviser. Yet Price's background is not in sport. He was previously a partner in Glasgow law firm Ross Harper, only for his licence to be suspended when the company shut down 16 months ago, owing £2.6m to clients. The Law Society of Scotland is investigating possible financial irregularities and Football League rules stipulate Price would not pass their owners and directors' test while he is suspended. As it is, the league can do nothing because Price is not a director.

On Twitter, he complains that Forest should get more media coverage and referred to one female fan as "babe". It's not easy knowing what to make of it all. But I think we all know what Clough would have thought of him.

the manager's agent-cum-adviser... what an unfortunate job title.

With luck he has completely lost it by Boxing day and the few who travel to Notts Trees will see the R's first ever win there

At the Forest,
The mighty Forest,
The R's will score tonight

At the Forest,
The mighty Forest
The R's will win tonight

We win away
We win away
We win away

(To the 'Lions sleeps tonight')
billy davies on 02:00 - Dec 5 with 2057 viewsRangersAreBack

billy davies on 17:42 - Aug 27 by BAWHoops

They remind me a lot of us when we went up under Warnock.
Come up from league 1 and flirted with both halves of the tabel.
They've decided to stop pissing about now and bring a manager who has a good track record.
Think they'll win the league this year despite not having an array of stars like us and Wigan.
Think Leicester will come close too

Seriously?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024