Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes 15:53 - Dec 19 with 5109 viewsswanseajack4eva

While we wait for the Trust board to introduce themselves with biographies on the Trust website, can anyone help us get to know our board members better in advance of the upcoming AGM?

- Role on board? Membership/Communication
- Occupation?
- Background/experience?
- Length of service on the Trust board? Appointed to the board in 2004. Not sure if he has had a break and been reappointed, or if he has been on the board continually since 2004.

Viv has given tremendous service to the Trust over the years, including a significant amount of fundraising and community work.
Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:56 - Dec 19 with 5090 viewsDarran

Outsider will know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 11:34 - Dec 20 with 4870 viewswaynekerr55

Viv Brooke's worked at Swansea College, didn't he?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 11:38 - Dec 20 with 4860 viewsNeath_Jack

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:56 - Dec 19 by Darran

Outsider will know.

Why will he know? Genuine question.

Has outsider been outed as someone?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 12:03 - Dec 20 with 4820 viewsLandore_Jack

There is still no profile information regarding each Trust board member.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

#backtojack

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 12:14 - Dec 20 with 4794 viewsDarran

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 11:38 - Dec 20 by Neath_Jack

Why will he know? Genuine question.

Has outsider been outed as someone?

No idea who he is my friend I just happened to notice he/she was the first to reply to the other threads.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/214068/meet-the-swans-t

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/214067/meet-the-swans-t

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 13:12 - Dec 20 with 4719 viewslonglostjack

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 12:03 - Dec 20 by Landore_Jack

There is still no profile information regarding each Trust board member.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

How difficult can this be? Perhaps they're busy composing a reply to the letter that I wrote to the contact page last week.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 4668 viewsSmellyplumz

Bit of a c unt be all account init

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 13:48 - Dec 20 with 4659 viewsDarran

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:56 - Dec 19 by Darran

Outsider will know.

Seems I was right............again.

Login to get fewer ads

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 14:38 - Dec 20 with 4583 viewsjack247

I know Viv.

Don’t know his views on Jenkins, the Americans, the share sale, Clement or any of that.

He’s a Jack to the core. Did a huge amount of fundraising and collecting with buckets when the trust was in its infancy. He’s a very engaging guy who genuinely loves the club.

He’s at the trust pod more often than not before home games. I’d guess some of you would recognise him as a fan but maybe not realise he is on the trust board (which, I get is the point of this kind of thread).

He’s one of the good guys. I don’t know any of the others.
Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:22 - Dec 20 with 4546 viewsOutsider

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 11:34 - Dec 20 by waynekerr55

Viv Brooke's worked at Swansea College, didn't he?

You are right, he worked at Swansea College as Administrative Manager before retirement.

Similar to Ron, Viv is a long-serving Trust board member and has contributed in a big way to the Trust over the years.

It is correct Viv was first on the board in 2004. He too might have had a break in service or might have been on the board continually - not sure. I would say that like Ron, with the changing needs for board member experience, he might be replaced by someone more used to dealing with the kind of "investor" owners in the club's future in order to form a well balanced board.
Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:31 - Dec 20 with 4530 viewswaynekerr55

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:22 - Dec 20 by Outsider

You are right, he worked at Swansea College as Administrative Manager before retirement.

Similar to Ron, Viv is a long-serving Trust board member and has contributed in a big way to the Trust over the years.

It is correct Viv was first on the board in 2004. He too might have had a break in service or might have been on the board continually - not sure. I would say that like Ron, with the changing needs for board member experience, he might be replaced by someone more used to dealing with the kind of "investor" owners in the club's future in order to form a well balanced board.

Nice fella in my dealings with him.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 16:14 - Dec 20 with 4465 viewsswancity

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 15:31 - Dec 20 by waynekerr55

Nice fella in my dealings with him.

Nice fella indeed but what has that got to do with the price of bananas

Been in it too long, another who needs to go. Clearly another who is too close to things and watched while it's all unravelled. But agreed, lovely fella. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:44 - Dec 20 with 4360 viewsRancid

I this the Viv who owns and runs a very successful hardware shop by the stadium?
Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:48 - Dec 20 with 4348 viewsfbreath

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:44 - Dec 20 by Rancid

I this the Viv who owns and runs a very successful hardware shop by the stadium?

No

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:54 - Dec 20 with 4332 viewsmax936

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:44 - Dec 20 by Rancid

What shop is that Chris not Swansea Fasteners is it? Pm if you like, just be interested to know spent a fortune in Fasteners over the years good shop all be a little expensive.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 19:00 - Dec 20 with 4316 viewsDarran

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 18:54 - Dec 20 by max936

What shop is that Chris not Swansea Fasteners is it? Pm if you like, just be interested to know spent a fortune in Fasteners over the years good shop all be a little expensive.

B&Q.

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 19:13 - Dec 20 with 4288 viewsmax936

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 19:00 - Dec 20 by Darran

B&Q.

Bonkers & Quackers that'll be your Epitaph

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Meet the Swans Trust board - Viv Brookes on 20:30 - Dec 20 with 4239 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

I’ve known Viv since his North bank days. A more committed Swansea City fan, I have yet to meet. Has put an amazing amount of time and effort into his Trust duties, and does it very professionally. I would back him 100% to do his utmost for SCFC.
I makes me laugh, when I read some of the bozos that post on here, who haven’t a fecking clue about the man.
Keyboard warriors, to a man ! (or woman)
I will donate £20 to their favourite cause, if anyone of them,has the guts to say what they’ve said on here,to his face.
As someone has previously pointed out, he can be found, more often than not, in The Trust Booth o/s the West stand, just down from the club shop, if they want a chat with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024