Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dalian Atkinson 11:18 - Aug 15 with 9581 viewsMaggsinho

Pretty shocking news, Dalian Atkinson has died after being tasered by police in Telford.

Loved him as a player, always hoped we would sign him one day. RIP.
Dalian Atkinson on 15:51 - Aug 15 with 2827 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
He was one of the best footballers I have ever seen when he was top of his game. Andy Townsend said the same, but Andy also said he liked his drink too much as well.
A shame as he in fact could have been one of the greats, that’s how much skill he had.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Dalian Atkinson on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 2798 viewsblacky200

Dalian Atkinson on 15:42 - Aug 15 by Toast_R

A man's just died. Can we not save the dick swinging until the facts are known?

Like I said I was not commenting on this case I was commenting in general on the use of tazers. OK for all the ones on here slagging of the police I agree that there are some bad apples in the forces (as there are bad apples in society) but I hope you never have to face up to the fact that your child has been hurt by a drugged up, armed assailant. I have and its not a pleasant experience.
Dalian Atkinson on 16:18 - Aug 15 with 2753 viewswombat

Dalian Atkinson on 15:42 - Aug 15 by Toast_R

A man's just died. Can we not save the dick swinging until the facts are known?

if you have a heart condition already or some sort of weakness yes a tazer isnt the best thing to hit you , sorry cant see how police can be blamed when they were trying to disarm a potentially dangerous situation with little as danger to them or the person involved.

go to america if you want the police over reacting in situations which dont warrent any force atall
there was a video last week of a guy walking his dog , he put the dog into the car and he was then held by the police for some reason , the dog escaped from the car and jumped up at the man and the p;olice as most dogs would , next minute officer draws gun and shoots the dog 3/4 times at poinjt blank range for no reason atall. ill take a tazer please anytime

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dalian Atkinson on 18:05 - Aug 15 with 2627 viewsessextaxiboy

Eye witness interviewed on LBC said she saw the police fire the taser and give him a kicking after he went down ,she then said she heard the taser buzz another 4 or 5 times .
She spoke very calmly and was believable , either she is lying through her teeth or those cops are in deep sh@t ....
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 18:30]
Dalian Atkinson on 19:51 - Aug 15 with 2526 viewsBoston

Dalian Atkinson on 14:45 - Aug 15 by PlanetHonneywood

When the dust and hysteria has settled over the use of a tazer gun, there is an issue about a young man purportedly attempting to commit suicide/self-harm and we might be better off looking at the mental health issues first.

Pure speculation, good player, career ends and he has nothing to fall back on. Ends up living in what looks a modest estate by the standards of today's footballers' wages and maybe that unabated fall from grace is something football needs to consider.

Suicide is a criminal offence. We don't know what greeted the officers upon arriving at DA's home, but I rather suspect using the tazer was an attempt to stop him from doing what he was doing, not to finish him off.

We don't know how such voltage would affect any of us, but maybe the level of the voltage needs looking at. Then again, brought down that knife wielding bloke at Leytonstone station a while back so, it does have its uses compared to the preferred modus operandi of law enforces in the US; who just pepper suspects with bullets.

Shame for such a talented person to end their days on earth. Hopefully any family/friends in there are helped as it must have been awful, as it probably was for the officer concerned.

Good player on his day.

An average day of law enforcement in the U.S. produces 36,000 approx arrests. There are few instances of 'peppering'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dalian Atkinson on 20:27 - Aug 15 with 2496 viewsjohncharles

My OP was trying to point out the irony of the police being called out to someone allegedly trying to kill themselves and the police then killing the said person. He was alive before the Police arrived and might very well be alive if the police had not intervened.
We won't know the truth until the Police enquiry gives us the facts.
In your dreams sunshine.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dalian Atkinson on 20:55 - Aug 15 with 2464 viewsTGRRRSSS

Saw that interview with the woman, prepared to say it on Camera to BBC and they've aired it. Given high profile nature of it being a former Premier League Footballer this time they are indeed in deep shite.

OB has more than a few "bad apples" agree not like US but thats irrelevent as we're not in US.
Dalian Atkinson on 21:01 - Aug 15 with 2449 viewsrsonist

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosebuchanan/ex-aston-villa-footballer-named-locally-as

“He was staggering, and as he staggered towards them they opened fire with the taser and he fell to the ground like a lead balloon,” Paula Quinn, who lives opposite, told BuzzFeed News. “I could actually hear him hit the ground and as he hit the ground the two officers just piled in on him and started kicking ten bells out of him.

“That probably went on for a minute or two, it seemed quite long at the time, everything appeared to be happening in slow motion.”

According to Quinn, one of the officers then told his colleague “back off, back off” before they ordered the man to put his hands behind his back. “But I don’t think he was conscious,” she said.

“They reactivated the Taser about four or five times on him while he was on the ground,” she said. “I could see it very clearly, there was absolutely no threat to him whatsoever and I am absolutely shocked.”
Login to get fewer ads

Dalian Atkinson on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 2438 viewsrsonist

http://www.independent.ie/videos/world-news/dalian-atkinson-eyewitness-claims-wh

Video of the eyewitness statement.
Dalian Atkinson on 09:44 - Aug 16 with 2235 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dalian Atkinson on 19:51 - Aug 15 by Boston

An average day of law enforcement in the U.S. produces 36,000 approx arrests. There are few instances of 'peppering'.

1,145 shot dead by US law enforces in 2015. Currently at 666 for 2016. Meanwhile, over the pond, 60 (sixty) people killed by British bobbies since 1990!

M'lud, the prosecution respectfully suggests, Americans be like crazy when they pepper.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dalian Atkinson on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 2165 viewsBrightonhoop

Dalian Atkinson on 21:06 - Aug 15 by rsonist

http://www.independent.ie/videos/world-news/dalian-atkinson-eyewitness-claims-wh

Video of the eyewitness statement.

Doesn't sound good that. There are half decent officers out there but way too far and few between, they've learned nothing since Blakelock and seem incapable of learning. People do not respect or trust them because such a high percentage of the recruits are knuts.
Dalian Atkinson on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 2012 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dalian Atkinson on 12:06 - Aug 16 by Brightonhoop

Doesn't sound good that. There are half decent officers out there but way too far and few between, they've learned nothing since Blakelock and seem incapable of learning. People do not respect or trust them because such a high percentage of the recruits are knuts.

I think you need to go to the police training colleges and look at what they are being taught and I bet, well I pretty much know, its a 'them and us' attitude that's drummed into them.

We'd be f....d without them, but I do think the Police would benefit from being reminded that they are for/of us and that when they cock-up (as we all do) then being up-front and honest about it will have far better results then trying to cover things up and pass the blame. I still think if SYP had come out after Hillsborough with their hands held up, the angst that followed would have been avoided.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dalian Atkinson on 10:02 - Aug 17 with 1994 viewsingeminate

Dalian Atkinson on 12:06 - Aug 16 by Brightonhoop

That might be the case, but anecdotally I've got the impression that a lot of coppers start off alright and then the stresses of the job turns them in to different people.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Dalian Atkinson on 10:38 - Aug 17 with 1972 viewspaulparker

Dalian Atkinson on 10:02 - Aug 17 by ingeminate

That might be the case, but anecdotally I've got the impression that a lot of coppers start off alright and then the stresses of the job turns them in to different people.

Id say it was the power of having authority that makes some of plod act like they do
remember that poor sod Ian Tomlinson ? the copper who whacked him had a history of violence towards the public and surprise surprise he got away with manslaughter , what plod have done here is go in heavy handed as per usual and are now hiding under the IPCC which we all know is a closed shop

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dalian Atkinson on 10:49 - Aug 17 with 1960 viewsDiscodroids

Piece in the evening standard yesterday with an interview with Dalian Atkinsons Brother. Didnt make for comfortable reading . Doesn't sound like he was the Dalian Atkinson we all Recognised From his playing days at the very end.

Just awful. Really awful.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dalian Atkinson on 10:51 - Aug 17 with 1776 viewsBrightonhoop

Dalian Atkinson on 10:38 - Aug 17 by paulparker

Id say it was the power of having authority that makes some of plod act like they do
remember that poor sod Ian Tomlinson ? the copper who whacked him had a history of violence towards the public and surprise surprise he got away with manslaughter , what plod have done here is go in heavy handed as per usual and are now hiding under the IPCC which we all know is a closed shop

This is the problem. If they did Psycho profiling from the start they would stop recruiting alot of wrong'uns from the outset. If they dealt properly with Psychos like the one who killed Tomlinson they would help there cause.
If the womans report is remotely accurate, then kicking the $h1t out of someone after tazering him and then tazering him several times more isn't very good policing and it becomes more difficult to consider the police with any respect at all.
We've only heard about this one because he was an ex-Prem player.
Dalian Atkinson on 23:10 - Aug 17 with 1652 viewsloftboy

Dalian Atkinson on 10:02 - Aug 17 by ingeminate

That reminds me of my post from 3 years ago, I never did hear anything more

http://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/58568/fark-off-surrey-police/#115

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024