Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Bemptfud match thread 11:38 - Jan 11 with 28159 viewsE17hoop

I'll take the flak if we lose.

Currently on the Piccadilly line heading to the ground.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:23 - Jan 11 with 1377 viewsDylanP

An appalling half of football. QPR seem to have completely abandoned our identity; resolutely refusing to run with the ball and trying long balls up into the much larger Brentford defensive line. Has BOS forgotten that he is allowed to run with the ball?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 1373 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:22 - Jan 11 by MelakaRanger

Can’t think of a QPR player worth more than 3 out of ten this half

Was just wondering the same. poor Clive has to do a report and ratings on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 1368 viewsQPR_Nippon

Well, that was fun.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 1359 viewsHunterhoop

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:09 - Jan 11 by Ned_Kennedys

Warburton has really fcked up the team selection today: Lumley and Manning have been appalling and he dropped Kelly and Wallace to acc0omodate them.

Yup. Easy to say it in hindsight but a big call nonetheless and he clearly got it wrong.

The other disaster has been Cameron. He can’t get near Watkins is getting out of position every time they attack and just looks past it. Again, in hindsight, from what I saw last week, Masterson would definitely have been a better bet in this match.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 1342 viewsHooparoo

Dreadful. We look like boys against men

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 1336 viewsderbyhoop

That's as poor a half as I can recall in a long time.
We can't defend, they are running midfield, Ebs and BOS not in it, so Wells is isolated.
Can't think of any positives except Chair is about the only player who's made any sort of contribution.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 1318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:23 - Jan 11 by DylanP

An appalling half of football. QPR seem to have completely abandoned our identity; resolutely refusing to run with the ball and trying long balls up into the much larger Brentford defensive line. Has BOS forgotten that he is allowed to run with the ball?

Ya, composure went after their first goal and we're just getting rid of the ball long.

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 1311 viewsDorse

Quick summary: not our finest half. Unless you change the meaning of the word 'finest'.

I would say 'things can only get better' but, you know, QPR.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 1285 viewsHooparoo

Lumley has to go. The look on Cameron’s face after the first debacle says it all.

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 1281 viewslarsricchi

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:22 - Jan 11 by MelakaRanger

Can’t think of a QPR player worth more than 3 out of ten this half

Maybe Kane, since everything is happening down the other side?

What a dreadful start to my birthday. And being in the US, I woke up early for this!
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 1264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:26 - Jan 11 by Hooparoo

Lumley has to go. The look on Cameron’s face after the first debacle says it all.

Cameron's had a poor half himself.

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 1234 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:23 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

BOS nearly clear on goal but miscontrols it.

HT.

That pretty much summed up QPR as an attacking force in the first half. Changes needed both tactically and personnel.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 1202 viewsNov77

3 shots on target, 3 goals conceded, otherwise known as the ‘Tony Roberts ratio’

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 1201 viewsconnell10

In a way I hope Brentford go up because this is getting ridiculous season after season!! I never in my life time thought I witness a no mark club like them totally dominating us every season!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 1196 viewskensalriser

We are severely lacking a central midfield enforcer. It's great having players like Chair, Eze, BOS and Wells but in games like this they're ineffective without a fulcrum.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 1192 viewsBurnleyhoop

Why the Fock is Wells marking their main strikers?!

He was responsible for losing his man for two of their goals, but it shouldn’t be his responsibility for marking Watkins at a corner. Piss poor.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 1175 viewsnix

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:24 - Jan 11 by Hunterhoop

Yup. Easy to say it in hindsight but a big call nonetheless and he clearly got it wrong.

The other disaster has been Cameron. He can’t get near Watkins is getting out of position every time they attack and just looks past it. Again, in hindsight, from what I saw last week, Masterson would definitely have been a better bet in this match.

Agree with this. But it's in hindsight. I can see he wouldn't want to hang Masterson out to dry against this attack.

Would have played Kelly though. Just because we needed a confident keeper.

Also ffs why is Nahki Wells marking Watkins? Cross post with Burnley.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 13:30]
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 1162 viewsMelakaRanger

Long balls to Wells are a complete waste of time as has been proven time and again
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 1157 viewslarsricchi

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:27 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Cameron's had a poor half himself.

This. And I'm so tired of his fecking gyrations, almost always when he should be shouldering the blame.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 1152 viewsHunterhoop

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:26 - Jan 11 by larsricchi

Maybe Kane, since everything is happening down the other side?

What a dreadful start to my birthday. And being in the US, I woke up early for this!

Fair point. He’s done the basics.

I don’t think too much blame can be thrown at the front 4...no one is giving them the ball.

The issue is the Lumley; Cameron; Manning; Hall...in that order. They are all having a disaster.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:30 - Jan 11 with 1119 viewsjoolsyp

Can Brentford please get promoted this season so we don’t have to play the bastards again for a while?

Clive was right - they are much further on in their development than we are. Yes we have been shite but let’s not detract from the fact that they are seriously impressive at Griffin Park this season. And yes they are definitely the best team we’ve played all season.

I’d have Hugill on for Chair to give Janssen something to think about and Wallace for Manning, or maybe move Manning to left-wing and move Eze to behind a front two. Lumley has been appalling I’m afraid. His confidence is shot.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:30 - Jan 11 with 1102 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:28 - Jan 11 by Burnleyhoop

Why the Fock is Wells marking their main strikers?!

He was responsible for losing his man for two of their goals, but it shouldn’t be his responsibility for marking Watkins at a corner. Piss poor.

He had two players to mark for their second.

Manning completely loses his man for the third who nods across and it's a simple finish from there.

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 1094 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:24 - Jan 11 by Hunterhoop

Yep plus Masterson was the first to credit Wallace for his leadership in organising the defence against Swansea. No such leadership on display today, we've looked all at sea defensively and extremely vulnerable to set pieces.
Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 1092 viewsHooparoo

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:27 - Jan 11 by Benny_the_Ball

That pretty much summed up QPR as an attacking force in the first half. Changes needed both tactically and personnel.

I don’t see how Warbs can save it. Brentford want it more, are fired up and first to every loose ball. We look like a Sunday morning pub team with 11 raging hangovers. 😬

Come on Bemptfud match thread on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 1067 viewsplasmahoop

Not great. I think we have to go longer though, get hugill on, start fighting for the ball. There is no point playing out from the back if we keep losing the ball. Park that until next game. I'd probably put another defender on and go 5 4 1 or 4 5 1 and put Cameron in midfield to just try and limit the damage initially. We don't want to lose 7*or 8 nil and we could
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024