Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage... 08:49 - Jan 9 with 3019 viewsRochdale_Matt

Manager Graham Westley set to take over at PNE this week according to reports.
May give us half a chance on Saturday!
Stevenage... on 09:36 - Jan 9 with 2968 viewsBigKindo

I read somewhere over the weekend that Unsworth and Alexander have been given the management roles until the end of the season.
Stevenage... on 11:19 - Jan 9 with 2839 viewsbatman

Stevenage... on 09:36 - Jan 9 by BigKindo

I read somewhere over the weekend that Unsworth and Alexander have been given the management roles until the end of the season.

I heard via the rumour mill the opposite, that Alexander & Unsworth were for the boot and were thinking of applying seperatley for the Dale job. Not sure if i'd want either
Stevenage... on 11:39 - Jan 9 with 2796 viewsStudiousDale

Risdale has confirmed that he's approached another club for their manager. Stevenage perhaps?
Stevenage... on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 2784 viewsAtThePeake

In other news O'Driscoll seems set to take the Bristol Rovers job.

Tangled up in blue.

Stevenage... on 11:53 - Jan 9 with 2760 viewsStudiousDale

Stevenage now saying Preston's approach for Westley is 'unwelcome'
Stevenage... on 11:56 - Jan 9 with 2740 viewsBrierls

Stevenage... on 11:53 - Jan 9 by StudiousDale

Stevenage now saying Preston's approach for Westley is 'unwelcome'

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10839~2570960,00.html

"Stevenage FC confirm that Preston North End FC have asked for permission to speak to Graham Westley with the view to employing him as their new Manager.

The club have informed Preston that their approach is unwelcome at this crucial stage of the season. However, as always in these situations, the Manager's desire will influence the outcome.

We will update supporters on this website when we have more news."

Translates as "we don't want him to go, but he does want to go".

Sean O'Driscoll has turned down Brizzle Rovers if the Twitter jungle drums are to be believed.
Stevenage... on 12:06 - Jan 9 with 2706 viewsfitzochris

Stevenage... on 11:56 - Jan 9 by Brierls

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10839~2570960,00.html

"Stevenage FC confirm that Preston North End FC have asked for permission to speak to Graham Westley with the view to employing him as their new Manager.

The club have informed Preston that their approach is unwelcome at this crucial stage of the season. However, as always in these situations, the Manager's desire will influence the outcome.

We will update supporters on this website when we have more news."

Translates as "we don't want him to go, but he does want to go".

Sean O'Driscoll has turned down Brizzle Rovers if the Twitter jungle drums are to be believed.

Good. I still habour some ragged notion that he'll come to us (not that I'm suggesting in any way that we're a bigger club than Bristol Rovers).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stevenage... on 12:41 - Jan 9 with 2629 viewsolympicdale

im not surprised about Westley, and with no disrespect to PNE i think he could do better, would have thought he'd end up in the championship personally.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage... on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 2415 viewsColDale

we could do with this dragging on all week. Nowt like a bit of uncertainty to destabalise the opposition.
Stevenage... on 19:15 - Jan 9 with 2392 viewsolympicdale

Stevenage... on 19:06 - Jan 9 by ColDale

we could do with this dragging on all week. Nowt like a bit of uncertainty to destabalise the opposition.

There is no doubting PNE is a massive (yes massive) club compared to Stevenage, but surely Stevenage are much healthier money wise than Preston. PNE are hemorrhaging money every month to their owner, he'd be better to stay were he is and wait, id imagine a championship club will make a move come the summer.

Life is a game of fate.

Stevenage... on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 2353 viewsTVOS1907

Stevenage... on 19:15 - Jan 9 by olympicdale

There is no doubting PNE is a massive (yes massive) club compared to Stevenage, but surely Stevenage are much healthier money wise than Preston. PNE are hemorrhaging money every month to their owner, he'd be better to stay were he is and wait, id imagine a championship club will make a move come the summer.

What if there isn't a Championship club looking for a manager in the summer?

Westley might have to make a decision now and it would probably be a no-brainer given his background (all in non-league) and the magnitude of the two clubs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stevenage... on 19:46 - Jan 9 with 2332 viewsmacro

Stevenage... on 19:39 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

Westley might have to make a decision now and it would probably be a no-brainer given his background (all in non-league) and the magnitude of the two clubs.

Eddie Howe is the only manager I can think of who rejected overtures from a bigger club, although he did fold in the end to go to Burnley.

I can't see Westley turning it down
Stevenage... on 19:51 - Jan 9 with 2313 viewsnewbious

Stevenage... on 19:46 - Jan 9 by macro

Eddie Howe is the only manager I can think of who rejected overtures from a bigger club, although he did fold in the end to go to Burnley.

I can't see Westley turning it down

Agree, Preston are a huge club! lets hope he goes and then signs their key players before weekend!
Stevenage... on 20:41 - Jan 9 with 2242 viewsPDIDDY

pne are no stranger to his hoof it long tatics, beck then the assistant who took over, cant think of his name rite now, cant argue with what hes achieved at stevenage tho

Gissa job

Stevenage... on 20:42 - Jan 9 with 2239 viewsTVOS1907

Stevenage... on 20:41 - Jan 9 by PDIDDY

pne are no stranger to his hoof it long tatics, beck then the assistant who took over, cant think of his name rite now, cant argue with what hes achieved at stevenage tho

Gary Peters

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stevenage... on 20:45 - Jan 9 with 2231 viewsPDIDDY

Stevenage... on 20:42 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

Gary Peters

thats him

Gissa job

Stevenage... on 22:28 - Jan 9 with 2152 viewsolympicdale

Stevenage... on 19:39 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

There were whisperings that Hull were looking at him before deciding to give it to Barmby, and a couple others have been keeping their eyes on him, but given the difference between Stevenage/PNE its a no brainer in that respect.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024