Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread 00:40 - Dec 17 with 31924 viewsDannyPaddox

Whaddyamean a week is too early to start a match thread? This is my first one. I'm excited ain't I. And Saturday will be my first visit to the City Ground. And we're gonna win. Hahahahahahahahaha-hahabahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-ahahahAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahwha-hahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha. My only out of towner last season was a random off-the-cuff visit to Villa Park (get-in!) The omens are good. And on top of that there was a bloke in the blue and white bar Saturday the spit of Clarence the Angel from Its a Wonderful Life.

LD LL DD LL D LLLLLL DDDD LLLL DD LDLD LL DD L
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 09:48 - Dec 17 with 11661 viewsCamberleyR

I'm with you DP. I think SMc will be the man to finally break the curse.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:20 - Dec 17 with 11636 viewsToast_R

This happens every year, the misplaced optimism. We'll be three down before half time.
I'm just debating what to drink on the 9:30 out from St Pancras in preparation for it all.
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 17 with 11586 viewsstevec

LD LL DD LL D LLLLLL DDDD LLLL DD LDLD LL DD L

If you hum it, it's the flight of the bumblebee
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:58 - Dec 17 with 11582 viewsCamberleyR

LDLLDDLLDLLLLLLDDDDLLLLDDLDLDLLDDL

Tiny hamlet in mid Wales

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:08 - Dec 17 with 11561 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:23 - Dec 17 with 11539 viewsHantsR

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:27 - Dec 17 with 11531 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 17 with 11518 viewsMick_S

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:27 - Dec 17 by DannyPaddox

Your mother wouldn't like it.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 11:38]

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:55 - Dec 17 with 11473 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:20 - Dec 17 by Toast_R

This happens every year, the misplaced optimism. We'll be three down before half time.
I'm just debating what to drink on the 9:30 out from St Pancras in preparation for it all.

Likewise - I have a car full of over-optimistic souls heading up on Saturday.

Will be my 5th visit there having seen two draws and two defeats. The defeats being 4-0 and 5-0 drubbings.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:36 - Dec 17 with 11429 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:55 - Dec 17 by TheChef

Likewise - I have a car full of over-optimistic souls heading up on Saturday.

Will be my 5th visit there having seen two draws and two defeats. The defeats being 4-0 and 5-0 drubbings.

"I have a car full of over-optimistic souls"

Decent of you to give the Forest lad and his mates a lift.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:38]
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:59 - Dec 17 with 11379 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:36 - Dec 17 by DannyPaddox

It's Christmas time...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 13:06 - Dec 17 with 11362 viewsMick_S

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:36 - Dec 17 by DannyPaddox

Here they are:

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 20:14 - Dec 17 with 11222 viewsWatford_Ranger

Having the derby tonight against FLD has to increase our chances 1%.

Probably the worst non-penalty decision of the season for FLD.
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 09:26 - Dec 18 with 11022 viewsqprxtc

Good luck Danny. May you bring us back the holy grail. Because, as we all know, eventually:

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:37 - Dec 18 with 10953 viewsqprxtc

Danny Paddox after clapping his eyes on the City Ground for the first time :

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 10:43 - Dec 18 with 10939 viewsMick_S

Be careful people.

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 11:04 - Dec 18 with 10912 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 13:06 - Dec 17 by Mick_S

Here they are:

Room for one more?

Please????
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:13 - Dec 18 with 10840 viewsDannyPaddox

In a week where qprxtc posts a music link and it's not xtc you know that anything can happen. The portents are good. But we need all the help we can get so I'm getting in touch with this esteemed dude. I think he played for us for a week.

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:16 - Dec 18 with 10830 viewsMick_S

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:13 - Dec 18 by DannyPaddox

In a week where qprxtc posts a music link and it's not xtc you know that anything can happen. The portents are good. But we need all the help we can get so I'm getting in touch with this esteemed dude. I think he played for us for a week.

"Please don't remain in silence with your problem seek help from Mr Madiba."

By jove, I think we are cracking it!!!!!

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:34 - Dec 18 with 10794 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 12:16 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

"Please don't remain in silence with your problem seek help from Mr Madiba."

By jove, I think we are cracking it!!!!!

I had a quick chat with the receptionist (nice voice). They've got a 3 for the price of 2 offer over Christmas. So as well as the big one I'm gonna get my sexual voodoo impotency sorted and a small problem with my Oyster card fixed. Happy days.
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 13:32 - Dec 18 with 10739 viewsR_from_afar

We're so unlucky at the City Ground. You would think that we would have been able to break that sequence at some point. Only with an "A" for match abandoned, of course. A "W" would be unthinkable.

Or would it? Come on my team!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 14:41 - Dec 19 with 10555 viewsDannyPaddox

Blackburn Rovers v Grimsby Town. 1975.

Up till November 2017 the worst football away record was Grimsby's at Ewood Park. They even went as far as printing a piece in the Grimsby Telegraph after we got hammered 4-0 at the City Ground on our woeful visit last season. "Grimsby Town relinquish football league record". They seemed quite upset about it. In one respect their record is harsher as it goes back two centuries to 1890 but the Grimsby Telegraph report only counts league matches. Of which we are now ahead 29-28. But when Cup matches are included the Mariners record in Blackburn is a piDDLing LLLLLL DLDLD LLLLL DL DD LLL D LL DLD LL. Compared to our far more epic perpetual City Ground DeLapiDation LD LL DD LL D LLLLLL DDDD LLLL DD LDLD LL DD L.

Forestageddon: 72 hours and counting!
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 14:52 - Dec 19 with 10542 viewsMick_S

Forestagedon.

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 14:56 - Dec 19 with 10532 viewsqprxtc

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 14:41 - Dec 19 by DannyPaddox

Blackburn Rovers v Grimsby Town. 1975.

Up till November 2017 the worst football away record was Grimsby's at Ewood Park. They even went as far as printing a piece in the Grimsby Telegraph after we got hammered 4-0 at the City Ground on our woeful visit last season. "Grimsby Town relinquish football league record". They seemed quite upset about it. In one respect their record is harsher as it goes back two centuries to 1890 but the Grimsby Telegraph report only counts league matches. Of which we are now ahead 29-28. But when Cup matches are included the Mariners record in Blackburn is a piDDLing LLLLLL DLDLD LLLLL DL DD LLL D LL DLD LL. Compared to our far more epic perpetual City Ground DeLapiDation LD LL DD LL D LLLLLL DDDD LLLL DD LDLD LL DD L.

Forestageddon: 72 hours and counting!

Don’t Fulham have an equally dismal record at Everton. They got some sort of record with heir latest defeat there earlier this season. Apparently it’s the worst record at someones ground in the history of everything.

Barnsley’s record at ours is grim, though they did win 5-0 on their first visit.
Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 15:06 - Dec 19 with 10512 viewsCamberleyR

Nottingham Forest Advent Calendar Match Thread on 14:56 - Dec 19 by qprxtc

Don’t Fulham have an equally dismal record at Everton. They got some sort of record with heir latest defeat there earlier this season. Apparently it’s the worst record at someones ground in the history of everything.

Barnsley’s record at ours is grim, though they did win 5-0 on their first visit.

Yes, they've never won there in the league and lost 22 league games on the bounce at Goodison Park since 1960.

DLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

They've had a win there in the FA Cup though in that losing sequence (year they got to the final).
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024