Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! 11:03 - May 7 with 11082 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lifted some of his comments off the Beeb. Hmm wondering who he could be talking about?

"There's been transfers that aren't even part of the squad for all kinds of reasons, whether it be discipline, whether it be lack of performance," Butland, 25, said.

"You've got to look at that - what decisions are being made and the type of characters."

"But you look at others and they're not even here to have an input. It's not because they were playing at the top of their game, because if they were they'd be here," he continued.

"Too many of the recent investments, and over the years, are completely unused and that's unacceptable. So before anyone is signed and any changes happen that's got to be looked at because it's been farcical really."

Paul Lambert replaced Mark Hughes as manager in January following Stoke's FA Cup third round defeat at League Two Coventry City. However, Stoke have managed just one league win under the Scot.

"I believe Paul's had an extremely difficult job," Butland said. "He inherited a squad where, unfortunately, there was ill-discipline and players you cannot rely on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:34 - May 7 with 3417 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:50 - May 7 by kingo

If my memory serves me right, he was sacked after being linked with the England job and Levy said that he was being distracted. Not to do with any dodgy dealings.

Daniel Levy was NEVER going to commit to a statement that said they were getting rid of him for dodgy dealings was he? It would be an extremely naive viewpoint to think differently. Do a bit of research on the turnaround of players at clubs he has been at and some of the names he brought in which rarely played, if at all, it may give you a little insight into where my posts are headed.

The grass is always greener.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:44 - May 7 with 3402 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:50 - May 7 by kingo

If my memory serves me right, he was sacked after being linked with the England job and Levy said that he was being distracted. Not to do with any dodgy dealings.

After Levy helped with legal fees for Redknapps dodgy tax dealings.
Hardly paints a good picture of Redknapp which ever way you look at it.
But yeh. Levy obviously doesn't know what he's doing so we'll employ him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:54 - May 7 with 3380 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:44 - May 7 by PunteR

After Levy helped with legal fees for Redknapps dodgy tax dealings.
Hardly paints a good picture of Redknapp which ever way you look at it.
But yeh. Levy obviously doesn't know what he's doing so we'll employ him.

Levy certainly does know what he is doing.i do not want to appear that I am pro Redknapp as that is far from the truth. But I do not think that it was a farcical decision at the time for QPR to appoint a manager who had taken Spurs to their highest position in decades and had very recently been heavily linked with the England job. History has shown us that it was not a great decision for a club of our size but his reign did give us a big day out at Wembley and a little place in history.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 13:57]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 14:48 - May 7 with 3308 viewsmakaveli1882

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:34 - May 7 by CamberleyR

Yessss, on the other hand.....

Away from home:

Newcastle lost 1-0
Aston Villa drew 2-2
Blackburn lost 3-2
Bolton lost 2-1
Sunderland lost 3-1
Man U lost 2-0
West Brom lost 1-0
ch*ls** lost 6 bloody 1
Man C lost 3-2

1 point from 27!!! Similarly w@nk away form that carried into next season.

And people coat off Holloway for his poor away record. Given those results above it's just as well we were decent at home. Let's not forget that it was Stoke doing us a favour on the last day in denying Bolton that kept us up in no small measure.

Ans that is the whole point, Ollies away record for us wince he has come back is nothing less than disgusting!!

M.aybe Stoke helped us but might have a bit with us beating Arsenal Liverpool and Spurs in the run in along with Stoke
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:02 - May 7 with 3159 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:54 - May 7 by kingo

Levy certainly does know what he is doing.i do not want to appear that I am pro Redknapp as that is far from the truth. But I do not think that it was a farcical decision at the time for QPR to appoint a manager who had taken Spurs to their highest position in decades and had very recently been heavily linked with the England job. History has shown us that it was not a great decision for a club of our size but his reign did give us a big day out at Wembley and a little place in history.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 13:57]

The obverse to that is if we had employed a manager who actually cared about the club and the same budget we would have gone up as champions. It was never "our club" "my QPR team" "my lads" etc. it was always a view from a distance. Anyone who saw Bosingwa come on as sub at WBA will remember thoughts along the lines of "OMG what a great player" etc. As soon as the Candleface version of the locked in the dressing room incident was announced he became a (permanent)figure of hate yet all he wanted to know was why he had been dropped and was ignored. My source is an ex trainer at the club at the time. Even in his last game against Newcastle, he was only selected out of spite so the crowd could boo him & M'Bia but that backfired a little too as he made two brilliant tackles to prevent goals and yet he was blamed for the 2nd backpass to Rob Green which RG screwed up and the Mags scored from. He also was upended down by the paddock and as soon as the ref blew his whistle he stopped the ball moving and pinged a beauty of a pass around 40-45 metres on to Bobby Zamora's toes on the run. It's not popular to defend Bosingwa, especially as he was ex Chelscum but his career at QPR was ruined by that to$$er of a manager, along with a few more besides. Even the fact that we had our day in the sun at Wembley was more down to the work Schteeve did early in the season and Steve Black in the final games of the season. Candleface couldn't have given a flying rats behind about QPR as long as he got his wedge.

The grass is always greener.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:20 - May 7 with 3134 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:05 - May 7 by kingo

You may not like him, as I don’t but the decision to get him was not farcical at the time.

To anyone who knew anything about him, or who had done the smallest research on him, it absolutely was. Redknapp was every bit as bad as Hughes. Two dreadful, dreadful appointments.

Bare bones.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 19:03 - May 7 with 3093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On the Redknapp appointment I was completely and utterly opposed to his coming here but to be honest it was because he was a despicable human being rather than his CVon the pitch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 21:46 - May 7 with 2952 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:20 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

To anyone who knew anything about him, or who had done the smallest research on him, it absolutely was. Redknapp was every bit as bad as Hughes. Two dreadful, dreadful appointments.

Also, you can't get away from the fact that Redknapp was the same mistake as Hughes. At least JFH was a different mistake.

Still, we dodged Tim Sherwood.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 22:38 - May 7 with 2902 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 21:46 - May 7 by CiderwithRsie

Also, you can't get away from the fact that Redknapp was the same mistake as Hughes. At least JFH was a different mistake.

Still, we dodged Tim Sherwood.

JFH was a different mistake to Hughes and Redknap but a similar one to Ramsey by letting an inexperienced manager take over.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 23:01 - May 7 with 2866 viewsTacticalR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 22:38 - May 7 by PunteR

JFH was a different mistake to Hughes and Redknap but a similar one to Ramsey by letting an inexperienced manager take over.

It's good to know that we don't make the same mistakes just different mistakes.

Air hostess clique

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 23:16 - May 7 with 2849 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 23:01 - May 7 by TacticalR

It's good to know that we don't make the same mistakes just different mistakes.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 01:47 - May 8 with 2777 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I see Charlie Adam has corroborated Butland’s comments on the Beeb ‘..."I'll be honest for the supporters, I think some players have been getting away with murder for a long time and it's difficult for supporters. It's not just one or two, I think there are four or five that could be counted..."

The most annoying thing about the Hughes’ of this world and football for that matter, is that despite cocking up the Rangers, we paid his contract up of Lord knows how many millions. I presume the same has happened at Stoke and so he’s been considerably enriched to the tune of millions for not only failing, but disastrously so at that!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 08:12 - May 8 with 2687 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:20 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

As I have said several times, I am not a fan of his. But the decision to appoint him was not FARCICAL (which is what my original response was about) based on results. If all the rumours in football about finances etc are to be believed, then no one would employ Warnock. But I am glad we did, even though I was anti this when it happened. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. And yes I do think that Hughes was a disaster who left us in a mess, followed by an indifferent Redknapp.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 08:43 - May 8 with 2660 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 22:38 - May 7 by PunteR

Yeah, Fernandes managed two in a row of there too.

So if Ollie does go, expect someone similar - maybe there's legs in the Ainsworth rumour after all, ex-player, passionate, put Eze in the team....anyone know what his team selections were like?
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:30 - May 8 with 2544 viewschumley

As a stoke fan , we are down and it's been plainly obvious what he has done. Signed players who are either crocked, lost the plot or dont give 2 shits...It's becoming known as 'we've been QPR'd '' got to admit i thought it was just bad luck what happened to yourselves but christ this has been coming for 18 months, players turn up when they like, Hughes allegedly always late for press by 20 mins and so unfit.. the proper porfessionals who are left are speaking out...His agent whatever his name is hasn't been anywhere near us supposedly and just hope saints follow us now.
Good luck for next season apart from the 2 obvious games .
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:35 - May 8 with 2527 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:30 - May 8 by chumley

As a stoke fan , we are down and it's been plainly obvious what he has done. Signed players who are either crocked, lost the plot or dont give 2 shits...It's becoming known as 'we've been QPR'd '' got to admit i thought it was just bad luck what happened to yourselves but christ this has been coming for 18 months, players turn up when they like, Hughes allegedly always late for press by 20 mins and so unfit.. the proper porfessionals who are left are speaking out...His agent whatever his name is hasn't been anywhere near us supposedly and just hope saints follow us now.

I think most of us want Swansea to win tonight.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:48 - May 8 with 2499 viewsR_from_afar

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:17 - May 7 by Northernr

That's absolutely classic Hughes, and TBF to Fernandes exactly what he said on the podcast - the bloke clearly does absolutely no homework on the type of character he's signing. I mean a blind, deaf monkey could have told you Berahino was a wrong 'un.

Of course Hughesless never thought to question Berahino's ambition when he started negotiations to buy him....

But then why would he when it wasn't his £20m+ which was being squandered on a wastrel.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 14:25 - May 8 with 2455 viewsRs_Holy

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:30 - May 8 by chumley

It’s not just QPR Chumley... He seems to be living off his time at Blackburn but one thing often overlooked is they topped the ill-discipline league table every season he was there.
Man City fans hate him and warned us about him the day he signed for us.
An ex-Fulham defender has stated that the season he was there was a disaster until the players got together and collectively decided to ignore him.
At QPR we are still reaping the benefits of his disastrous tenure.
At Stoke over a few years he has destroyed all the togetherness you had on and off the pitch (built up over a long time).
That he is obviously not very good is one thing but it’s the "never been relegated as a player or manager" that really twists the knife for QPR fans.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 14:49 - May 8 with 2413 viewsToast_R

Bringing in Redknapp was awful, the club should have stuck with Hughes and let him go down with the ship he tired to build and take full responsibility for the utter shambles it was. Sacking him let him get away with it massively. I do wonder what he would have done with that on his record, would he been a snake like Redknapp and jumped first claiming some imaginary underlying problem with his knee?
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 15:00 - May 8 with 2393 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 14:49 - May 8 by Toast_R

Bringing in Redknapp was awful, the club should have stuck with Hughes and let him go down with the ship he tired to build and take full responsibility for the utter shambles it was. Sacking him let him get away with it massively. I do wonder what he would have done with that on his record, would he been a snake like Redknapp and jumped first claiming some imaginary underlying problem with his knee?

Surely you can't jump if you're claiming knee problems?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:36 - May 8 with 2301 viewsstuabd

On the 5live Monday night club, Andy Townsend was adamant that it wasn't 'Sparky's' fault and that the chairman and people in charge of recruitment should take a lot of the blame for the Stoke relegation. The inference seemed to be that Hughes didn't choose these players - laughable!

Some of the media just don't want to offend Hughes. Later on they brought up the subject of Bojan who had been really good. According to Adam he fell out with Hughes after returning from injury and was loaned out. Charlie Adam without putting the boot in said nothing positive about Hughes. What a surprise.

It's not often I agree with Barton but his tweet about Hughes having the ability to make teams continually worse was spot on.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:42 - May 8 with 2292 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:36 - May 8 by stuabd

On the 5live Monday night club, Andy Townsend was adamant that it wasn't 'Sparky's' fault and that the chairman and people in charge of recruitment should take a lot of the blame for the Stoke relegation. The inference seemed to be that Hughes didn't choose these players - laughable!

Some of the media just don't want to offend Hughes. Later on they brought up the subject of Bojan who had been really good. According to Adam he fell out with Hughes after returning from injury and was loaned out. Charlie Adam without putting the boot in said nothing positive about Hughes. What a surprise.

It's not often I agree with Barton but his tweet about Hughes having the ability to make teams continually worse was spot on.

A lot of people on this site hold Fernandes responsible in exactly the same way!
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:47]

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:50 - May 8 with 2276 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:35 - May 8 by isawqpratwcity

I think most of us want Swansea to win tonight.

I’d love it. Bloody love it. Preferably by 4+ goals to go into the final game with superior goal difference too.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:55 - May 8 with 2267 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:50 - May 8 by Watford_Ranger

I’d love it. Bloody love it. Preferably by 4+ goals to go into the final game with superior goal difference too.

nm

Edit: Jeez, I just had another brain fart!
[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:05]

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 18:11 - May 8 with 2230 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 17:55 - May 8 by isawqpratwcity

nm

Edit: Jeez, I just had another brain fart!
[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:05]

2+2 is 4 minus 1 that’s 3 quick maths.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024